As most of you know already, due to the overwhelming response to this year's run, and the limited amount of ferry space, we had to cap registration. Tim and I were very bummed about this, as we know there are still quite a few people who wanted to come, but didn't sign up in time. Also, being the knuckleheads that we are, we like to go full speed ahead, balls to the wall, and hate the idea of having to limit anything. The more the merrier, right? So here's what we are thinking about doing...
Instead of only camping Friday night on Ocracoke Island, and then catching the 2 hour ferry on Saturday over to Cedar Island and heading to Wilmington for the end of the run...we thought it would be really cool to spend a second night camping on Ocracoke Island. Nobody would have to worry about getting up early and packing their gear in order to catch the ferry. We would spend the day riding and hanging out, drinking beer on the beach, with another bonfire that night. Since this would be the official end of the run, we would also have a big cookout (food supplied by Tim and I). This seems more in the spirit of what a traditional run should be... Sunday morning/afternoon, everybody can just pack up their gear at their pace and split when they're ready.
This would allow for more time to explore the island (lots of cool shit there), more time to relax and hang out with friends, more time to take a few rides to points on the coast (short ride back to Cape Hatteras, etc...), a second bonfire, and some serious cooking out. Most importantly, this would allow us to open registration back up and give everybody who wants to, a chance to come on the run and have a good time.
If we ended up choosing this option, the portion of your pass/bundle that was meant to cover your ferry passage would be used to cover the second night of camping and food, which would be our end of the run party (Tim and I would provide all of the BBQ meats and sides, etc...).
Please voice your opinion if you have one regarding this alternate option for the second half of the run, as Tim and I will be making a decision very soon. You can post your comments here, or send Tim and I an email: